Thursday, July 9, 2009

Fishy Materials - Get Your Nails Out




When I lived in Japan I visited the 100 yen shop a few times. It's full of junk produced in China, most of which is plastic. I usually kept an eye out (as you do) for anything that would be useful for fly tying. I found these stick on nails that have a scale pattern and shine of a fish. I wanted to show the salt water guy from Hokaido who writes his blog in English. These were 100 yen per pack. If you fold them in half around the body of the minnow, they have an adhesive backing which will stick. Then I tied over the top in a cross pattern, then varnish. The black dots on the pearl stickers can be removed easily with some solvent, like nail polish. Just paint it on then wipe it off....(sounds like the karate kid!!) Oh well, good luck finding this material!

No comments: